Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keeping Balance

Week two is in the bag. So far, so good. It is still difficult to grasp the fact that I am putting down on paper this idea I have had in mind for years. Things have stayed relatively on track and well written (or at least I think so) given the recent craziness life has presented me with. Along with my aspirations to be a writer my brothers and I have always wanted to get a record deal and tour with our music and stage show. We sing and dance (don't get too weirded out, I know how it can sound) but as hard as it is to express in words it is so simple for people to understand once they see us live. We are on the brink of completing an album that all of us are happy with. Myself along with my brothers Zach 21, Jacob 15 and Caleb 13 have been doing this since I was 12, but just recently have we been as serious as ever and plan on achieving this goal. I bring this up because we have a few shows coming up and trying to prepare for those with the responsibilities of class and the burden of a job is quite difficult. I don't fond them affecting my writing, but it is certainly harder to find a balance and ease in shifting focus. Week two wasn't as bad as I imagined, but three and four will test my strengths. We'll see. One highlight of the week was writing an e-mail to Mr. Chris Baty who penned the book that is helping me through this novel writing process. I feel it is a good possibility I will hear back from him, but as of two days after the e-mail, no such luck. Again, I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment